It’s time to start fresh for the New Year! No matter what your resolution is, kicking the year off with a clean slate is important. Every single one of us has the opportunity to step back and assess what we achieved last year and what we want to achieve this year. Believe it or not, there are a few small steps you can make right now that will set you up for New Year’s resolution success. Here are the top two most common resolutions and a few baby steps that will steer you in the right direction.
Hit the Gym More Often
- Buy new gym gear. If your New Year’s resolution is to hit the gym more often, this one is for you. Purchasing newer items will help get you excited to go conquer your fitness goals. Workout pants, earphones, new shoes, you name it. Helpful hint: Want to get great deals on new workout gear? Sign up for the Foot Locker program in Key Ring.
- Put your gym card in Key Ring. You’ll never forget it again. There are no gym card excuses in 2014.
- Make a new workout playlist. New music adds excitement and variety to your workout.
- Buy new socks. That’s not a typo. Throw away all your socks with holes and add socks to your shopping list. It’s time to pull on fresh, clean 2014 socks.
Save More Money
- Subscribe to weekly sales. Make it a habit to check the sales section for items on your shopping list before you head to the store. Tap the ‘+’ icon in the sales section of Key Ring to add your favorite retailers.
- Sign up for loyalty programs. Most retailers give members exclusive deals, coupons, or additional savings per dollar spent. You’re already shopping there, so why not receive something back for your purchases?
- Make a list of necessary items you need vs. items you want. You’ll gain perspective on how much of your budget goes towards items you could cut out.
Tweet your New Year’s Resolution to @keyringapp. Want more tips? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Happy New Year’s!