- Place the scanner 5 to 6 inches away from the screen. Any closer or further away and it’s unlikely the barcode will scan.
- Scan the barcode head-on! Do not scan from an angle. Otherwise, the laser will reflect off the screen and will not scan your barcode.
- Turn your screen brightness down. Less bright light means less interference when scanning.
- Keep your phone screen clean.
- Avoid using Key Ring at flatbed scanners. Occasionally they will work but often they don’t.
PLEASE note tips 1 and 2 are by far the MOST IMPORTANT! Also, please understand that different mobile devices will have varying scanning success rates. For example, an HTC MyTouch may work very well with a handheld laser scanners whereas a Motorola DROID may not. When in doubt simply have the retail associate manually key in displayed reward number.